DNSSEC Introduction Workshop and its deployment in Saudi Arabia
- Benefit of Participation
- Target audience
- Info. about DNSSEC
IntroductionThe Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC) represented by SaudiNIC has striven for implementing the DNS Security Extension (DNSSSEC) within the Saudi Domain Names (.SA and .السعودية). Therefore, in order to involve everyone, raise awareness and promote the adoption of DNSSEC within the national networks in the Kingdom, CITC in collaboration with RIPE, is organizing and hosting some events consisting of the following:
- A two-day training event on the implementation of DNSSEC during the period 7-8 / 5/2017. It is intended only for ISPs in the Kingdom.
- An introductory workshop on DNSSEC on Tuesday, 9/5/2017. The workshop is open to all interested parties and professionals working in the following sectors in the Kingdom: operators, ISPs , government agencies, and banking.
Benefits of ParticipationThrough the workshop, the audience will learn about:
- A simple introduction to DNSSEC and how it works
Benefits of adopting DNSSEC and how to activate it in both cases:
a) Authoritative DNS servers; and
b) DNS resolvers
- Managing DNSSEC encryption keys
- Enabling DNSSEC in the root servers.
- How DNSSEC is activated Saudi domain names
- New trends in DNSSEC
Target audienceThe workshop is aimed for people who have a simple background on the following topics:
- DNS and how it works.
- Public and private key cryptography
- Fundamentals of networking
Agenda-- Draft --
08:30 – 09:00 Registration & Coffee
09:00 – 09:10 Opening speech - Dr.Sulaiman Mirdad & Chafic Chaya
09:10 – 09:40 DNSSEC Introduction & Status - Dr.Richard Lamb
09:40 – 10:10 DNSSEC in Saudi Arabia - Raed Alfayez
10:10 – 10:40 Coffee Break
10:40 – 11:30 DNSSEC Deployment: Sharing Experiences and Best Practices (Manage DNSSEC Keys & Key rollover in the root) - Dr.Richard Lamb
11:30 – 12:00 Panel Discussion (Open Q&A) - Dr.Richard Lamb, Raed Alfayez
12:00 – 12:15 Prayer and the end of the activity
Registration can be done by filling out the form at the following link:event.dnssec.sa
You will be contacted later to confirm registration. Please note that more than one person can be registered in the event from the same entity if the required expertise is fulfilled by the attendees.
Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC)
Alnakheel Quarter - At the corner of Prince Turki Bin Abdulaziz Road and Imam Saud Bin Abdulaziz Bin Mohammed Road
For more information please feel free to contact us at: