Nominating a new administrative contact steps
This procedure allow the change of the Administrative Contact, since this a very
critical operation and will grant the new Administrative Contact all the privileges over
the domain name, it must be supported by the proper documents.
All users requesting this service implicitly confirm their understanding and acceptance of the terms and conditions detailed in the Domain names Registration Regulations published in SaudiNIC's website.
This service can only be started from the users accounts, the account holder must first sign up for an account in SaudiNIC website, that can be done by following the Steps for creating an account. After doing so and successfully activating the account, account holders can start the steps of this service.
The following is a brief explanation of this service steps :
1- Filling up the service form
The first step in nominating a new Administrative Contact is to fill in the service form were the needed information are gathered, the form must be filed correctly and all errors must be correct prior to submission .
2- Uploading the documents
The account holder is requested to upload documents used to support the request and to provide a proof for the accuracy of the information. Submitting those documents is done by uploading them directly by the account holder using a special form, the documents must be uploaded in the proper electronic format, allowed formats are : (png - jpg - gif - Tiff - PDF version 1.4 and earlier ) .
The request letter must be stamped by the chamber of commerce ( in case of local companies ) or one of the Saudi embassies ( in the case of international companies ) .
3- Review and confirm the request
The entire request information are displayed to the user in order to review and confirm their accuracy and correctness, he/she can delete the request at this stage if needed.
4- The nominated Administrative Contact approval
The nominated Administrative Contact must approve the request, a link to the request information form will be sent to his/her email address, he/she will be asked to approve the request, send his/her comments to the account holder or if needed he/she can reject the request entirely. Account holder must coordinate with the nominated Administrative Contact regarding this step and ensure that he/she have all the needed information to be able to take his/her decision.
the account holder can re-send the approval request to the nominated Administrative Contact in case he/she didn't receive it .
5- Processing the request by SaudiNIC
After successfully completing all the previous steps the request is officially considered to be received by SaudiNIC. After that the processing procedure will start. The results of processing the request will be one of the following :
- if the request is accepted, the current Administrative Contact will be notified about the request for changing him, he/she will be given a period of ( nearly three days ) to send his/her response. if he/she didn't respond the change will be automatically implemented, but if he/she did send a response, SaudiNIC will process it. in all cases concerned parties are notified.
- if the request is rejected, concerned parties will be notified with the reason .
- In case the request is accepted and implemented, the domain name will be
moved to the account holder's domains with an updated Administrative
- In case the current Administrative Contact would like to only change his/her information without changing his/her email, he/she must use the Domain name modification steps .
- In the case of modifying the registrant name or information, a different procedure is need Registrant identity update steps .
- In the case of completely changing the registrant, a different procedure is need Domain name transfer steps .
- The request is only considered to be received by SaudiNIC after the Administrative Contact approve it, otherwise it will not considered to be received and will remain pending.
- Pending requests are rejected automatically after one week.
- In the case of request cancelation, all the concerned parties are notified.
- In case Administrative Contact did not receive the activation message, the account holder can request resending it again.
- All the correspondence regarding the request are sent to the account holder and the Administrative Contact.