Registrant identity update steps
Changing the identity of a registrant is one of the services provided by SaudiNIC, it allow the registrant of a domain name to request changes or modifications to his/her name that may result from changing the entity name or merges between different organizations or other similar activates. This is not considered to be a transfer since the entity did not actually change, the only thing changed is the name. to completely changing the registrant there is another procedure Domain transfer steps .
All users requesting this service implicitly confirm their understanding and acceptance of the terms and conditions detailed in the Domain names Registration Regulations published in SaudiNIC's website.
This service can only be started from the users accounts, the account holder must first sign up for an account in SaudiNIC website, that can be done by following the Steps for creating an account. After doing so and successfully activating the account, account holders can start the steps of this service.
The following is a brief explanation of this service steps :
1- Filling up the service form
The first step in registrant identity update procedure is to fill up the service form were the needed information are gathered, the form must be filed correctly and all errors must be correct prior to submission .
2- Uploading the documents
The account holder is requested to upload documents used to support the request and to provide a proof for the accuracy of the information. Submitting those documents is done by uploading them directly by the account holder using a special form, the documents must be uploaded in the proper electronic format, allowed formats are : (png - jpg - gif - Tiff - PDF version 1.4 and earlier ) .
The request letter must be stamped by the chamber of commerce ( in case of local companies ) or one of the Saudi embassies ( in the case of international companies ) .
3- Review and confirm the request
The entire request information are displayed to the account holder in order to review them and confirm their accuracy and correctness, he/she can delete the request at this stage if needed.
4- Administrative Contact approval
The ( new ) Adminstrative Contact must approve the request , a link to the request information form will be sent to his/her email address, he/she will be asked to approve the request, send his/her comments to the account holder or if needed he/she can reject the request entirely. Account holder must coordinate with the ( new ) Administrative Contact regarding this step and ensure that he/she have all the needed information to be able to take his/her decision .
5- Processing the request by SaudiNIC
After successfully completing all the previous steps the request is officially considered to be received by SaudiNIC. After that the processing procedure will start, SaudiNIC may verify the accuracy and correctness of the request by other means like phone or mobile, the results of the request processing will be one of the following :
- if the request is accepted, a message will be sent to the ( current ) Administrative Contact notifying him/her about the request that may including replacing hem, he/she will be given around 3 days chance to send his/her feedback, otherwise the request will be automatically implemented, if he/she resounded with a feedback, SaudiNIC will study it and give the final decision about the request, then notify the concerned parties.
- if the request is rejected, concerned parties will be notified with the reason .
- If the request is accepted, the domain will be moved to the new
account holder and the registrant and the Administrative Contact detailed will
- If the email of the Administrative Contact is the same ( he/she is not replaced ), no 3 days chance is given and the request will be directly implemented.
- In the case of completely changing the registrant, a different procedure is need ( Domain name transfer steps ) .
- In the case of request cancelation, all the concerned parties are notified.
- In case Administrative Contact did not receive the activation message, the account holder can request resending it again.
- The request is only considered to be received by SaudiNIC after the Administrative Contact approve it, otherwise it will not considered to be received and will remain pending.
- Pending requests are rejected automatically after one week.
- All the correspondence regarding the request are sent to the account holder and the Administrative Contact.