Domain name deletion steps
This service allows the registrants to delete domain names, deletion means removing the delegation and making the domain available for registration by others after a random period of time,
All users requesting this service implicitly confirm their understanding and acceptance of the terms and conditions detailed in the Domain names Registration Regulations published in SaudiNIC's website.
This service can only be started from the users accounts, the account holder must first sign up for an account in SaudiNIC website, that can be done by following the Steps for creating an account. After doing so and successfully activating the account, account holders can start the steps of this service.
The following is a brief explanation of this service steps :
1- Filling up the domain deletion form
The first step in deleting a domain name is to fill the service form were the needed information are gathered specially (the deletion reason), the form must be filed correctly and all errors must be correct prior to submission.
2- Uploading the documents
The account holder is requested to upload documents used to support the request and to provide a proof for the accuracy of the information. Submitting those documents is done by uploading them directly by the account holder using a special form, the documents must be uploaded in the proper electronic format, allowed formats are : (png - jpg - gif - Tiff - PDF version 1.4 and earlier ) .
The request letter must be stamped by the chamber of commerce ( in case of local companies ) or one of the Saudi embassies ( in the case of international companies ) .
3- Review and confirm the request
The entire request information are displayed to the account holder in order to review them and confirm their accuracy and correctness, he/she can delete the request at this stage if needed.
4- Administrative Contact approval
The Adminstrative Contact must approve the request , a link to the request information form will be sent to his/her email address, he/she will be asked to approve the request, send his/her comments to the account holder or if needed he/she can reject the request entirely. Account holder must coordinate with the Administrative Contact regarding this step and ensure that he/she have all the needed information to be able to take his/her decision .
5- Processing the request by SaudiNIC
After successfully completing all the previous steps the request is officially considered to be received by SaudiNIC. After that the processing procedure will start. The results of processing the request will be one of the following :
- if all the information are correct and the request accepted, the domain will be deleted and made available for registration by others after a random period of time.
- if the request is rejected, concerned parties are notified, account holder can apply again after solving the problems.
- In the case of request cancelation, all the concerned parties are
- The request is only considered to be received by SaudiNIC after the Administrative Contact approve it, otherwise it will not considered to be received and will remain pending.
- Pending requests are rejected automatically after one week.
- In case Administrative Contact did not receive the activation message, the account holder can request resending it again.
- All the correspondence regarding the request are sent to the account holder and the Administrative Contact.