Domain name transfer steps
Domain name transfer is one of the services offered by SaudiNIC, the main goal of that service is to transfer a domain name along with all of its privileges from one registrant to another.
All users requesting this service implicitly confirm their understanding and acceptance of the terms and conditions detailed in the Domain names Registration Regulations published in SaudiNIC's website.
This service can only be started from the users accounts, the account holder must first sign up for an account in SaudiNIC website, that can be done by following the Steps for creating an account. After doing so and successfully activating the account, account holders can start the steps of this service.
This service requires obtaining the domain authorization key, it can be obtained through the generate an authorization key steps .
The following is a brief explanation of this service steps :
1- Filling up the domain transfer form
The first step in transferring a domain name is to fill the service form were the needed information are gathered specially the domain authorization key, the key can be generated by the current Adminstrative Contact, the form must be filed correctly and all errors must be correct prior to submission.
2- Uploading the documents
The account holder is requested to upload documents used to support the request and to provide a proof for the accuracy of the information. Submitting those documents is done by uploading them directly by the account holder using a special form, the documents must be uploaded in the proper electronic format, allowed formats are : (png - jpg - gif - Tiff - PDF version 1.4 and earlier ) .
The request letter must be stamped by the chamber of commerce ( in case of local companies ) or one of the Saudi embassies ( in the case of international companies ) .
3- Review and confirm the request
The entire request information are displayed to the account holder in order to review them and confirm their accuracy and correctness, he/she can delete the request at this stage if needed.
4- Administrative Contacts approval
The request must be approved by both the current and new Adminstrative Contacts in the following order :
- The new Adminstrative Contact ( from the new registrant ) must approve the request , a link to the request information form will be sent to his/her email address, he/she will be asked to approve the request, send his/her comments to the account holder or if needed he/she can reject the request entirely.
- After that the current Adminstrative Contact must also approve the request, a link to the request information form will be sent to his/her email address, he/she will be asked to approve the request, send his/her comments to the account holder or if needed he/she can reject the request entirely.
The account holder must coordinate with both the current and new Adminstrative Contacts regarding this step and ensure that they have all the needed information to be able to take their decisions. he/she can resend the message to them if needed.
5- Processing the request by SaudiNIC
After successfully completing all the previous steps the request is officially considered to be received by SaudiNIC. After that the processing procedure will start, SaudiNIC may verify the accuracy and correctness of the request by other means like phone or mobile, the results of the request processing will be one of the following :
- If the request is accepted, the domain will be transferred to the new registrant. This is done by changing the registrant information in the domain records to point to the new registrant. Also the current Administrative Contact will be replaced by the new one ( from the new registrant ), then notify the concerned parties.
- If the request is rejected, concerned parties will be notified with the reason .
- The new registrant must be eligible to register the domain according to the
terms and conditions of the
Domain names Registration Regulations .
- The new registrant is responsible of the domain hosting continuity.
- In the case of request cancelation, all the concerned parties are notified.
- The request is only considered to be received by SaudiNIC after the Administrative Contact approves it, otherwise it will not be considered to be received and will remains pending.
- Pending requests are rejected automatically after one week.
- In case Administrative Contact did not receive the activation message, the account holder can request resending it again.
- All the correspondence regarding the request are sent to the account holder and the Administrative Contact.
- These steps are not used to update or change the hosting company (domain name servers), another procedure is used for that : Domain name modification steps.
- The domain authorization key has an expiration date, if the request rejected, a new authorization key must be obtained to apply again.