Steps of registering a domain exempted from the reserved list
SaudiNIC maintains and manages the list of reserved domains. Reserved domains are domain names that contain words with some specific meanings that should not be registered in the normal procedure, they can only be registered through a special procedure.
Some of the reserved domain names are numerical, geographical or religious domain names. also any domain that contain obscene, scandalous, indecent, abusive, racist, or carry meanings that are contrary to Saudi Arabia law or Islamic morality is considered to be among the reserved domain, in general, reserved domain list includes any domain name that considered by SaudiNIC as undesirable or contrary to the public interest or otherwise unsuitable for registration.
Such domains should not be registered in the normal way, if the applicant (entity) climes that it has a justification for the registration, then it should follow a special procedure that is explained in the Steps of a request related to the reserved domains list .
One of the possible requests related to the reserved domains list is to request the exemption of a certain word, If that request get approved SaudiNIC will send the requester an Authorization key that later used to register that word as a domain following the steps explained here.
The steps below are part of the Procedures Governing Reserved Names Under Saudi Domain Names which All users requesting this service implicitly confirm their understanding and acceptance for it and for the terms and conditions detailed in the Domain names Registration Regulations published in SaudiNIC's website.
This service can only be started from the users accounts, the account holder must first sign up for an account in SaudiNIC website, that can be done by following the Steps for creating an account. After doing so and successfully activating the account, account holders can start the steps of this service.
The following is a brief explanation of this service steps :
1- Filling up the registration form
The first step in registering a domain name that was exempted from the reserved list is to fill up the service form. In that form the account holder will fill in the registrant information along with the domain contacts information, also he/she will fill in the DNS hosting information, he/she will be asked for the authorization key that was sent to the registrant as a result of the accepted exemption request, the form must be filed correctly and all errors must be corrected prior to submission.
2- Uploading the documents
Registering a domain name requires the account holder to upload some documents, they are used to support the request and to provide a proof for the registrants right to register the requested domain and proof the accuracy of his/her information. Usually the required documents are :
- The registration letter, which is a pre-filed letter obtained from the account page and used to request the registration, it should be signed and stamped and then uploaded to the account again.
- Other documents used to provide a proof for the relation between the registrant and the domain requested (for example Commercial registry, trade mark certificates … etc).
Submitting those documents is done by uploading them directly by the account holder using a special form, the documents must be uploaded in the proper electronic format, allowed formats are : (png - jpg - gif - Tiff - PDF version 1.4 and earlier ) .
3- Review the request
All the information in the request are displayed to the account holder in order to review them and confirm their accuracy and correctness, he/she can modify or even delete the request at this stage if needed .
4- Administrative Contact approval
The Administrative Contact must approve the request, a link to the request information form will be sent to his/her email address. He will be asked to approve the request, send his comments to the account holder, or if needed he can reject the request entirely. Account holder must coordinate with the Administrative Contact regarding this step and ensure that he/she has all the needed information to be able to take his/her decision .
5- Processing the request by SaudiNIC
After successfully completing all the previous steps the request is officially considered to be received by SaudiNIC. After that the processing procedure will start. The results of processing the request will be one of the following :
- if all the information are correct and the registrant is eligible, the domain will be registered and concerned parties are notified.
- if the request is rejected, concerned parties are notified.
- In the case of request cancelation, all the concerned parties are
- The request is only considered to be received by SaudiNIC after the Administrative Contact approve it, otherwise it will not considered to be received and will remain pending. Pending requests are rejected automatically after one week.
- All the correspondence regarding the request are sent to the account holder and the Administrative Contact.
- In case the Administrative Contact did not receive the activation message, the account holder can request resending it again.