Domain name objection steps
The domain name objection service gives the registrant or any other entity to object on a Saudi domain name registration under (.sa) or (.السعودية) or to object on any of SaudiNIC's decisions related to domain names.
The below steps are part of the Procedure for
Submitting an Objection to Saudi domain names governed by the
Saudi Domain Names Objection Rules which all
applicant for this service agree on and confirm to along with the
Saudi Domain Name Registration Regulation .
This service can only be started from the users accounts, the account holder must first sign up for an account in SaudiNIC website, that can be done by following the Steps for creating an account. After doing so and successfully activating the account, account holders can start the steps of this service.
The following is a brief explanation of this service steps :
1- Filling up the objection form
The first step in the objection procedure is to fill up the service form. In that form the account holder will fill in the domain in question along with the objector information and other details, the form must be filed correctly and all errors must be corrected prior to submission.
2- Uploading the documents
The account holder is requested to upload documents used to support the request and to provide a proof for the accuracy of the information. Submitting those documents is done by uploading them directly by the account holder using a special form, the documents must be uploaded in the proper electronic format, allowed formats are : (png - jpg - gif - Tiff - PDF version 1.4 and earlier ) .
The request letter must be stamped by the chamber of commerce ( in case of local companies ) or one of the Saudi embassies ( in the case of international companies ) .
3- Review the request
All the information in the request are displayed to the account holder in order to review them and confirm their accuracy and correctness, he/she can modify or even delete the request at this stage if needed .
4- Administrative Contact approval
The Adminstrative Contact must approve the request , a link to the request information form will be sent to his/her email address, he/she will be asked to approve the request, send his/her comments to the account holder or if needed he/she can reject the request entirely. Account holder must coordinate with the Administrative Contact regarding this step and ensure that he/she have all the needed information to be able to take his/her decision .
5- Processing the request by SaudiNIC
After successfully completing all the previous steps the request is officially considered to be received by SaudiNIC. After that the processing procedure will start. The results of processing the request will be one of the following :
- if all the information are correct and the request confirms with the objection rules and regulations registrant, the request will be handed to responsible team from CITC's legal affaires who will process the request.
- if the request is rejected, concerned parties are notified.
- The result of an accepted objection is one of the following : ( reject the
objection - Transfer the domain - cancel the registration ), if the result was
to transfer the domain, a special procedure must be followed : Steps of domain transfer caused by objection
- The request is only considered to be received by SaudiNIC after the Administrative Contact approve it, otherwise it will not considered to be received and will remain pending.
- Pending requests are rejected automatically after one week.- In the case of request cancelation, all the concerned parties are notified.
- In case Administrative Contact did not receive the activation message, the account holder can request resending it again.
- All the correspondence regarding the request are sent to the account holder and the Administrative Contact.