Steps of a request related to the reserved list
SaudiNIC maintains and manages the reserved list of domain names. Reserved domains are domains that may include but not limited to domain names that are numerical, geographical, names of religions, names contain words that are obscene, scandalous, indecent, abusive, racist, or contrary to Saudi Arabia law or Islamic morality, or name considered by SaudiNIC as undesirable or contrary to the public interest or otherwise unsuitable for registration. Such domains should not be registered in a normal way, if the applicant (entity) climes that it has a justification for the registration, then it should follow a special procedure in order to register such domains. For more information about the reserved domains list please go to : About Reserved domain names .
The goal of this guide is to outline the steps needed to request the only three possible actions related to reserved domains, namely :
- A request to add a domain name to the reserved domains list
- A request to delete a domain name from the reserved domains list
- A request to exempt a domain name from the reserved list in order to register it .
The following steps are part of the Procedures Governing Reserved Names Under Saudi Domain Names which all applicants for this service agree on and confirm to along with the Saudi Domain Name Registration Regulation .
This service can only be started from the users accounts, the account holder must first sign up for an account in SaudiNIC website, that can be done by following the Steps for creating an account. After doing so and successfully activating the account, account holders can start the steps of this service.
The following is a brief explanation of this service steps :
1- Filling up the service form
The first step in this procedure is to fill up the service form, the only possible actions are : add, delete or exempt from the reserved list. In the corresponding form the relevant information are gathered, the form must be filed correctly and all errors must be corrected prior to submission.
2- Uploading the documents
The account holder is requested to upload documents used to support the request and to provide a proof for the accuracy of the information. Submitting those documents is done by uploading them directly by the account holder using a special form, the documents must be uploaded in the proper electronic format, allowed formats are : (png - jpg - gif - Tiff - PDF version 1.4 and earlier ) .
The request letter must be stamped by the chamber of commerce ( in case of local companies ) or one of the Saudi embassies ( in the case of international companies ) .
3- Review the request
All the information in the request are displayed to the account holder in order to review them and confirm their accuracy and correctness, he/she can modify or even delete the request at this stage if needed .
4- Authorized person (Administrative Contact) approval
The authorized person (Administrative Contact) must approve the request , a link to the request information form will be sent to his/her email address, he/she will be asked either to approve the request or send his/her comments to the account holder, or if needed he/she can reject the request entirely. Account holder must coordinate with the authorized person (Administrative Contact) regarding this step and ensure that he/she have all the needed information to be able to take his/her decision.
5- Processing the request by SaudiNIC
After successfully completing all the previous steps the request is officially considered to be received by SaudiNIC. After that the processing procedure will start. The results of processing the request will be one of the following :
- if all the information are correct and the request confirms with the rules and regulations, the request will be passed on to the CITC's management for their final decision. If the decision was to exempt the requested domain from the reserved list and register it, the applicant will receive the authorization key of that domain, then he/she must follow the Steps of registering a domain exempted from the reserved list.
- if request result was to only add or delete a domain from the reserved list, that will be directly implemented and the list is updated.
- if the request is rejected, concerned parties are notified.
- In case the authorized person (Administrative Contact) didn't receive the activation message, the
account holder can request resending it again.
- The request is only considered to be received by SaudiNIC after the Administrative Contact approve it, otherwise it will not considered to be received and will remain pending. Pending requests are rejected automatically after one week.
- All the correspondence regarding the request are sent to the account holder and the Administrative Contact.